When it comes to top cuddle buddies, teddy bears and cute dogs are pretty much neck-and-neck for first place.
But what if you didn’t have to choose?
Enter Tonkey, the Insta-famous pup who seems to be part plush toy and part canine. She has recently soared to Instagram fame with her Instagram account, @bearcoat_tonkey. Really, she’s 100% Shar Pei, but followers are convinced she’s got some sort of bear DNA in there.
What she really has is a plush coat, which is rare for the breed – both of a dog’s parents must possess a recessive gene for the pups to inherit Tonkey’s signature fuzz.
She’s just four months old, but has already amassed quite the following on Instagram with nearly 119,000 followers. Keep in mind, this account has only been active for eight weeks.
Tonkey’s owner, Christine Park, told BoredPanda that she started the account as a way to make friends, but fears that she’s quickly been surpassed by her too-cute pooch.
It’s easy to see why Park is nervous about her dog’s growing popularity. Tonkey has the adorable pet thing down pat.
Whether she’s walking down the stairs – (or at least, attempting to).
Or running errands with a pal…
Or even just taking a leisurely dip in the tub…
Tonkey’s clearly got the making of super-dog-dom.
This fluff ball may be captivating the internet, but at home, she shares the spotlight with sister Maxi.
Four months old, and already an internet sensation. Don’t be surprised if you see Tonkey taking the path of the pioneer Instafamous pup, Boo. We’re talking stuffed animals, books, phone cases – c’mon, you’d buy it too.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization