Christina Applegate almost played everyone’s favorite Gemini vegetarian.
Applegate told ETonline that she turned down the role of Elle Woods in Legally Blonde because she was “scared” of playing another dumb blonde immediately after Married… With Children. “The script came along my way, and it was right after I had just finished Married,” Applegate said.
“I got scared of kind of repeating myself,” she added. “What a stupid move that was.”
The Vacation star also said that while she regretted turning down the role, she was glad that Reese Witherspoon ended up as the bubbly blonde lawyer.
“Reese deserved it, and she did a much better job than I ever could,” Applegate said.
This article originally appeared on EW.com
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate