Jo, Meg, Beth, and Amy may be headed to the CW. The network has put Little Women, a script adapted from Louisa May Alcott’s beloved 1868 novel, into development, EW has confirmed.
NCIS actor Michael Weatherly is executive producing through his Solar Drive Productions along with writer Alexis Jolly, in association with CBS Television Studios.
This certainly isn’t the first time Little Women has been adapted for the screen, the most recent version being Gillian Armstrong’s feature starring Winona Ryder and Christian Bale, but you’ve never seen the March sisters like this before. The logline describes Jolly’s script as “a hyper-stylized, gritty adaptation,” in which the sisters “band together in order to survive the dystopic streets of Philadelphia.”
Pretty far from playing The Pilgrim’s Progress on Christmas Eve.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer