We woke up like this: Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt breakout star Tituss Burgess posted an Instagram video on Tuesday night of himself, Kimmy co-star Jane Krakowski and show co-creator Tina Fey lip-syncing to Beyoncé’s “***Flawless.” It’s pretty great.
The trio attended the Television Critics Association press tour on Tuesday to talk about season 2 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. “I would hate to ruin that in season two,” Fey told press on Tuesday about the Netflix show (which started its life as an NBC project). “I don’t think you’ll see any cursing or nudity. I think it does give us license to play with time and culture – or to potentially offend an advertiser or the NFL.”
Fey has long been a social media holdout, and in a now-deleted 2013 video explained why. “Most people are so f–king boring that they should up, and you should have to get a license,” she said of Twitter. “And I’m volunteering to be in charge of the licenses. […] Go write it in a journal and mail it to your grandma. Do you understand how boring this would be, if I were tweeting this?”
Good thing Burgess went with Instagram.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time