When it comes to Drake’s feelings about Meek Mill, one diss track is not enough.
The Toronto rapper responded to Meek Mill’s recent ghostwriting allegations this weekend with a diss track called “Charged Up,” which he debuted during his Beats 1 radio show on Apple Music. As far as diss tracks go, it was pretty tame—Drake alluded to Mill’s accusations but mostly stuck to boasting about his own accomplishments.
Perhaps he was saving the rest of his feelings for part two. In another diss track posted to SoundCloud on Wednesday, Drake escalates the beef by—uh oh!—dragging Meek Mill’s girlfriend and Mill’s current touring partner Nicki Minaj into the drama: “You love her then you gotta give the world to her/ Is that a world tour or your girl’s tour?/ I know that you gotta be a thug for her/ This ain’t what she meant when she told you to open up more.” If her apparent jabs at Drake during Sunday’s Barclays Center show are indication, Minaj likely won’t be pleased.
Hear the track below:
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy