When it comes to Drake’s feelings about Meek Mill, one diss track is not enough.
The Toronto rapper responded to Meek Mill’s recent ghostwriting allegations this weekend with a diss track called “Charged Up,” which he debuted during his Beats 1 radio show on Apple Music. As far as diss tracks go, it was pretty tame—Drake alluded to Mill’s accusations but mostly stuck to boasting about his own accomplishments.
Perhaps he was saving the rest of his feelings for part two. In another diss track posted to SoundCloud on Wednesday, Drake escalates the beef by—uh oh!—dragging Meek Mill’s girlfriend and Mill’s current touring partner Nicki Minaj into the drama: “You love her then you gotta give the world to her/ Is that a world tour or your girl’s tour?/ I know that you gotta be a thug for her/ This ain’t what she meant when she told you to open up more.” If her apparent jabs at Drake during Sunday’s Barclays Center show are indication, Minaj likely won’t be pleased.
Hear the track below:
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year