A dog in Nebraska accidentally dialed 911 on a smartphone when trying to cuddle up next to its owner on the couch, AP reports.
The owner, Melissa Acosta, discovered her dog had dialed the number when she heard a voice asking for an address of emergency and realized her dog had scratched the screen of her smartphone lying in the couch with its paws.
The owner says the whole episode “was a little embarrassing.”
According to the 911 Assistant Director Marilyn Gable, it’s the first time a dog has called 911.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State