Orange is the New Black star Ruby Rose has come under criticism from her fans after posing for a photo with professional boxer and convicted domestic abuser Floyd Mayweather Jr.
The photo, which Rose posted on Instagram. shows Mayweather with his arm around the actress, and has the capition “The champ!” reports the Independent.
Rose has spoken before of wishing to see Mayweather during a fight, and met the boxer in Las Vegas when he was training for his fight against Andre Berto.
Mayweather has been charged with a number of counts of domestic battery since 2002, has been convicted several times and was sentenced in 2011 to 90 days in prision after he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery and domestic violence.
Fans on Twitter expressed disapproval, saying the photo made them feel “attacked” and “disappointed,” with another saying she was “disgusted.”
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate