It wasn’t long after Whitney Houston’s family confirmed that the late singer’s 22-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, had died, that social media was flooded with condolences.
Brown died on Sunday, nearly six months after she was found unresponsive in a bathtub in her Georgia home in late January. The young woman never fully regained consciousness and had been on life-support since the incident.
The only daughter of Houston — who died three years ago from an accidental drowning in a bathtub — and singer Bobby Brown, Bobbi Kristina had spent much of her life in the limelight. As news of her death spread, everyone from Reverend Al Sharpton to Oprah and Missy Elliot to Ava DuVernay expressed their sadness and offered condolences to the family on Twitter.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow