It wasn’t long after Whitney Houston’s family confirmed that the late singer’s 22-year-old daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, had died, that social media was flooded with condolences.
Brown died on Sunday, nearly six months after she was found unresponsive in a bathtub in her Georgia home in late January. The young woman never fully regained consciousness and had been on life-support since the incident.
The only daughter of Houston — who died three years ago from an accidental drowning in a bathtub — and singer Bobby Brown, Bobbi Kristina had spent much of her life in the limelight. As news of her death spread, everyone from Reverend Al Sharpton to Oprah and Missy Elliot to Ava DuVernay expressed their sadness and offered condolences to the family on Twitter.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time