A man was killed by a shark off the coast of Australia while his adult daughter witnessed the attack from their boat.
The pair were diving for scallops off the state of Tasmania, the Associated Press reports. The woman returned to the boat with some of the catch, and when she looked back for her father, she saw a large shark attacking him.
A 15-ft.-long great white shark had recently been seen in the area, and it’s possible the same animal was responsible for the man’s death.
While sharks are commonly seen in Australia’s waters, they only account for an average of two fatalities per year in the country.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy