A small group of friends, family and fans voiced their support for Hulk Hogan in the wake of the WWE’s announcement that it has cut ties with the wrestler after he used a racial epithet.
WWE dropped its famous entertainer after reports surfaced that Hogan used the N-word several times in a 2012 radio interview. Hogan apologized on Friday. Amid a storm of anger directed at Hogan, some took to Facebook and Twitter to defend hm, uniting around the hashtag #Stillahulkamaniac.
Brooke Hogan, his daughter, posted this photo collage:
Former NBA star Dennis Rodman tweeted about his friend twice:
MMA Fighter Tito Ortiz also took to Twitter:
And the wrestler “Disco Inferno” showed his support:
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color