Loren Wade has been working at Walmart since 1983, and on Saturday, the retail giant will celebrate his 103rd birthday with a party in his honor. The World War II veteran is a full-time associate at the Winfield, Kansas store, where he works in the lawn and garden department.
“The company seems to like me and I appreciate it so much if they still let me work,” Wade told a local FOX affiliate. “They are so good to me. It’s a great company”
The party is expected to feature free cake, hot dogs, chips and drinks, according to the Winfield Daily Courier.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022