Square has reportedly filed for an IPO, people familiar with the matter told Bloomberg.
The mobile-payments company, which was founded by Twitter’s interim CEO Jack Dorsey, did so confidentially, according to the publication.
Square declined to comment to Fortune.
In May, Fortune reported that Square started raising more money for small business loans.
Square processed $30 billion in payments last year, according to Bloomberg. Per the publication:
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate