5 insights with links to the research backing them up:
- You’re not alone. Right now most people are unhappy with their jobs. A boring job can give you a heart attack. And people with no job are happier than people with a lousy one.
- If you’re afraid of losing your job, you probably should be. Job insecurity can kill you. And you want to find a new job before you lose the one you have.
- When you start looking it pays to know which careers make people happy and unhappy. The secret to landing interviews is networking.
- If possible, try to schedule the interview for a sunny day. Make sure you look your best. And guys, don’t be modest.
- During the interview focus on making good first impressions. Understand good body language. And a firm handshake is much more important than you think.
For more on how to find the perfect career for you, click here.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Join over 190,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate