Right now, the United Kingdom is debating how to reform its National Health Service. It’s a big, complicated issue that’s getting plenty of politicians up in arms. Sometimes, the relentless news coverage can get dull.
So, lightening things up, magician duo Young & Strange hijacked a Sky News newscast about the National Health Service debate a few days ago by performing in the background. The cameraperson tries really hard to zoom into newscaster Ashish Joshi’s face and minimize their performance, but you can’t help but be impressed with how one magician seems to shrink the other’s body in a box.
The Internet went nuts over it. The only problem? It’s all fake. Sky News confirmed on Twitter that the video “is not a Sky News report.”
The clip was a stunt, cut from a longer video, where the duo tries to get their own show on British television. Ashish Joshi is a real Sky News reporter, but he was hired to act in the clip.
And for good measure, here’s Penn & Teller performing a similar trick:
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body