Right now, the United Kingdom is debating how to reform its National Health Service. It’s a big, complicated issue that’s getting plenty of politicians up in arms. Sometimes, the relentless news coverage can get dull.
So, lightening things up, magician duo Young & Strange hijacked a Sky News newscast about the National Health Service debate a few days ago by performing in the background. The cameraperson tries really hard to zoom into newscaster Ashish Joshi’s face and minimize their performance, but you can’t help but be impressed with how one magician seems to shrink the other’s body in a box.
The Internet went nuts over it. The only problem? It’s all fake. Sky News confirmed on Twitter that the video “is not a Sky News report.”
The clip was a stunt, cut from a longer video, where the duo tries to get their own show on British television. Ashish Joshi is a real Sky News reporter, but he was hired to act in the clip.
And for good measure, here’s Penn & Teller performing a similar trick:
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out