The two people killed during a theater shooting in the Louisiana city of Lafayette were identified by police Friday.
Mayci Breaux, 21, was found dead at the scene while 33-year-old Jillian Johnson passed away after being taken to the hospital.
Of the nine people injured, police said two had been released from the hospital and the rest were still being cared for. One of those shot was in critical condition, according to officials.
Teacher Allister Viator Martin was among those taken to hospital, her uncle Durwood Viator confirmed to NBC News. “We don’t know what happened,” he said. “All we know…
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer