The California Supreme Court just cleared the way for one of the mounting sexual assault cases against Bill Cosby to head to litigation.
The Court denied Cosby’s petition to review the case Wednesday night, which means the civil suit can continue to the trial phase, CNN reports. Although many women have come forward with sexual misconduct allegations against the comedian, this particular suit was filed by Judith Huth, who claims that Cosby sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974 when she was 15 years old.
According to Business Insider, Huth’s attorney said they plan to take Cosby’s deposition under oath within the next 30 days.
While Cosby has admitted to giving a woman Quaaludes before having sex with her, he has continued to deny all allegations of sexual impropriety.
Listen to the most important stories of the day
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time