The California Supreme Court just cleared the way for one of the mounting sexual assault cases against Bill Cosby to head to litigation.
The Court denied Cosby’s petition to review the case Wednesday night, which means the civil suit can continue to the trial phase, CNN reports. Although many women have come forward with sexual misconduct allegations against the comedian, this particular suit was filed by Judith Huth, who claims that Cosby sexually assaulted her at the Playboy Mansion in 1974 when she was 15 years old.
According to Business Insider, Huth’s attorney said they plan to take Cosby’s deposition under oath within the next 30 days.
While Cosby has admitted to giving a woman Quaaludes before having sex with her, he has continued to deny all allegations of sexual impropriety.
Read next: Watch Judd Apatow Slam Bill Cosby During Tonight Show Stand-Up Set
Listen to the most important stories of the day
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction