This year’s second annual Alternative Press Music Awards, the Grammys of alternative music, were held at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.
Metalcore band Issues was awarded Artist of the Year and the Black Veil Brides’ eponymously titled recording won Best Album. Paramore lead singer Hayley Williams was honored with the Best Vocalist prize and British rockers the 1975 won Best International Band.
The older mainstays of the alternative music scene were also recognized. Rock music vet Rob Zombie was awarded the Vanguard award, while punk rockers X won the Icon award.
Meanwhile, big name rockers Weezer, Pierce the Veil and Panic! at the Disco gave electrifying live performances.
See all of the winners here.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve