Between her sultry vocals and Max Martin’s behind-the-boards magic, Demi Lovato’s bi-curious scorcher “Cool for the Summer” doesn’t need any help getting your pool party started. But a new remix from English house group Cahill, premiering on TIME today, gives the track the makeover you didn’t think you needed: the six-minute remix is a faster, fiercer and funkier than the original, trading the song’s rock edge for a groovier bass lines and spiky synthesizer chords.
It’s certainly enough to tide you over until Lovato drops the the rest of the remixes on August 7. Just try not to slip when you bust out your moves by the water.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating