The kids in the chorus at PS 22 have an annual tradition for their last practice: they perform a song with their director, Gregg Breinberg. But this year the Staten Island elementary school choir went for a tearjerker, singing Martina McBride’s cancer-anthem “I’m Gonna Love You Through It” to a teacher recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
Teacher Adriana Lopez, who can be seen in the video watching the group of fifth-graders serenade her from a seat on the bleachers, was wise enough to bring a wad of tissues to the performance.
This isn’t the first time the PS 22 chorus has gone viral pulling on our heartstrings: their popular YouTube channel, which now has close to 70 million views, featured a tribute to the the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting back in 2012.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer