The kids in the chorus at PS 22 have an annual tradition for their last practice: they perform a song with their director, Gregg Breinberg. But this year the Staten Island elementary school choir went for a tearjerker, singing Martina McBride’s cancer-anthem “I’m Gonna Love You Through It” to a teacher recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
Teacher Adriana Lopez, who can be seen in the video watching the group of fifth-graders serenade her from a seat on the bleachers, was wise enough to bring a wad of tissues to the performance.
This isn’t the first time the PS 22 chorus has gone viral pulling on our heartstrings: their popular YouTube channel, which now has close to 70 million views, featured a tribute to the the victims of the Sandy Hook shooting back in 2012.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow