Some inspiration for “Bad Blood” – Part Two?
Taylor Swift and Nicki Minaj found themselves in a heated Twitter exchange after the “Anaconda” rapper spoke out about the MTV Video Music Awards nods – particularly her lack of a nomination for video of the year.
Many perceived Minaj to be taking aim at Swift (who is up for the award) when she Tweeted on Tuesday: “If your video celebrates women with very slim bodies, you will be nominated for vid of the year.”
Swift – who shares the nomination with Bruno Mars and Mark Ronson, Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé, and Kendrick Lamar – replied to Minaj, saying: “I’ve done nothing but love & support you. It’s unlike you to pit women against each other. Maybe one of the men took your slot..”
Minaj was quick to reply – and deny – that she was casting any shade on Swift herself.
“Huh? U must not be reading my tweets. Didn’t say a word about u. I love u just as much. But u should speak on this.” Minaj wrote in her response.
Swift was quick to call a truce as she finished the exchange on a friendly note, saying: “If I win, please come up with me!! You’re invited to any stage I’m ever on.”
The 2015 MTV Video Music Awards will air Aug. 30 at 9 p.m. EST.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart