Taylor Swift’s video for “Bad Blood” set a Vevo world record for most views (20.1 million) in 24 hours. It sent a message that Swift is supremely gifted in the art of reinvention. Even Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart want to join the squad of powerful lady superheroes she convened for the video. And today, with nine MTV Video Music Award nominations including Video of the Year, Swift’s hit song has received its due recognition.
To celebrate, Swift posted a video of herself training for the music video, in which she deftly throws three opponents to the floor in rapid succession. Considering this was only Swift’s first day of training, she appears to have quite the future in mixed martial arts should she ever tire of the whole biggest-pop-star-in-the-world gig.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating