South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham is abandoning his flip-phone after Donald Trump revealed his personal cell phone number to the public on Tuesday.
Trump read his fellow GOP presidential candidate’s phone number aloud Tuesday after Graham called him a “jackass” for his comments suggesting that Sen. John McCain was not a war hero because he was captured. The reality television star and real estate magnate mocked Graham as “a stiff” who was polling near zero in the GOP field.
Graham’s campaign confirmed that the number belonged to his personal cell phone, and blasted Trump for distracting from important issues.
“Because of Trump’s bombastic and ridiculous campaign, we aren’t talking about Obama’s horrible deal with Iran or Hillary Clinton’s plans to continue Obama’s failed national security agenda,” Christian Ferry, Graham’s campaign manager said in a statement.
Graham, who has never sent an email, asked his supporters in a tweet whether he should buy an Android or iPhone to replace his aging device. Presumably, he is also changing his number.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating