“That’s how it starts, with something small, like a break-in at the Watergate Hotel,” a bearded Nick Offerman scoffs. “But this thing’s only getting bigger.”
And that’s how a new trailer for the upcoming season of Fargo starts, with a mysterious diner murder in otherwise bland and boring Luverne, Minn. Amidst the backdrop of a frigid northern winter, we hear a mix of foreboding spooky music and quirky disco-era beats, see streaks of blood splattered on the ground, and smirk at blunt sexual innuendos. There’s Kirsten Dunst as a town tart, Patrick Wilson as a Vietnam vet-turned-police-officer investigating a local gang, and many rounded Minnesota o’s. If Mad Men made the 70s sexy, Fargo makes it alluringly brash.
The show will premiere on FX in October.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now