Puppy pals Kala and Keira were going to be put down if they weren’t rescued by the end of the day on Tuesday. Then Angels Among Us, a Georgia pet rescue charity, posted a photo of the two in an embrace.
“We’re so scared in here,” the post said, taking the voice of Kala, who is seen clinging to Keira, a boxer mix. “The people working in the shelters see how scared we are but just told each other that today is our deadline. We have to have someone rescue us or we’ll be ‘next.'”
Two hours and six minutes later, the two were adopted by an unnamed vet, the shelter said.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate