Puppy pals Kala and Keira were going to be put down if they weren’t rescued by the end of the day on Tuesday. Then Angels Among Us, a Georgia pet rescue charity, posted a photo of the two in an embrace.
“We’re so scared in here,” the post said, taking the voice of Kala, who is seen clinging to Keira, a boxer mix. “The people working in the shelters see how scared we are but just told each other that today is our deadline. We have to have someone rescue us or we’ll be ‘next.'”
Two hours and six minutes later, the two were adopted by an unnamed vet, the shelter said.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement