Jurassic World is setting records at the box office this summer, but it has also drawn more than a little criticism for its portrayal of the leading woman, Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) as harping and helpless. The character’s image was probably not improved by the fact that she spends most of the movie running away from lethal beasts in high heels.
YouTube user XVP Comedy has posted a parody of the Jurassic Park world in which every character wears high heels, complete with high-definition sound of the clickety-clack of the shoes on the ground. Even the dinosaurs do not escape this stilettoed fate — they are dressed in “footwear 65 million years in the making.” Check out the video to see just how ridiculous it would be put all of our heroes in alluring yet impractical high heels.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time