A Lufthansa flight carrying 108 passengers narrowly missed colliding with a drone as it made its descent into Warsaw Chopin Airport on Tuesday.
The commercial drone, whose origins remain unclear, came within a frightening 100 meters of the plane as it flew about 760 meters above ground, according to the Polish Air Navigation Services Agency (PANSA).
According to The Aviation Herald, the pilots told on-ground air traffic patrollers to “take care of your airspace” and that the situation was “really dangerous.” The flight, which was coming in from Munich, landed safely about three minutes after the incident.
The incident is currently under investigation by local authorities.
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time