A father died after being “hogtied” by Mississippi police inside an ambulance despite telling officers he was struggling to breathe, according to his family’s lawyer.
Troy Goode, 30, was taken to the hospital after attending a Widespread Panic concert with friends Saturday night at a showground south of Memphis, Tennessee.
The asthmatic died two hours after being placed face down on a stretcher in an incident captured on video by bystander.
“His face was buried in the mattress of the stretcher,” lawyer Tim Edwards told NBC News Monday. “There was a strap over the back of his head so he couldn’t…
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022