A father died after being “hogtied” by Mississippi police inside an ambulance despite telling officers he was struggling to breathe, according to his family’s lawyer.
Troy Goode, 30, was taken to the hospital after attending a Widespread Panic concert with friends Saturday night at a showground south of Memphis, Tennessee.
The asthmatic died two hours after being placed face down on a stretcher in an incident captured on video by bystander.
“His face was buried in the mattress of the stretcher,” lawyer Tim Edwards told NBC News Monday. “There was a strap over the back of his head so he couldn’t…
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time