Los Angeles police discovered a veritable arsenal of weaponry, including more than 1,200 handguns, shotguns and rifles, inside of a spacious private residence along an upscale street in Pacific Palisades.
Police have not publicly identified the owner, who was found dead Friday inside of a parked SUV along the same quiet residential street, NBC News reports.
Neighbors watched as investigators hauled the arms and upwards of 2-tons of ammunition out of the victim’s garage. “They were just lots of them,” one eyewitness told NBC, “piled at least 8-feet tall, and the pile just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction