The Cuban embassy in Washington, D.C. reopened for the first time in half a century on Monday, and some people were so excited they were literally dancing in the streets.
The festivities were documented on social media, where people shared photos and videos of singing and dancing outside the embassy:
Secretary of State John Kerry will visit Havana in August to for a flag-raising ceremony at the American embassy there; no word yet on whether he will sing and dance.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time