A music festival in Transylvania is offering discounted tickets for concert-goers who donate blood.
The Untold Festival, which runs from July 30 to August 2, is offering a 30% discount to attendees who donate blood at one of Romania’s blood centers by July 24. Some who donate at specific mobile clinics could get free one-day tickets, the Guardian reports.
The concert planners were reportedly hoping to incorporate the region’s connection to Dracula, and decided blood donation would be a viable option, especially since Romania ranks low in active blood donors.
The campaign is called “Pay With Blood.”
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List
- Despite World Cup Heartbreak, the Future Looks Bright for Men's Soccer in the U.S.