An intruder at a FIFA press conference stunned the organization’s embattled president on Monday by hurling what appeared to be fistfuls of cash at Sepp Blatter, drawing attention to a sweeping corruption scandal that has prompted Blatter to step down.
“Where is my security?” Blatter could be heard asking shortly before guards dragged away the prankster, David Brodkin, a British comedian who made headlines earlier this summer for crashing a live performance by Kanye West at Glastonbury, Sky News reports.
Blatter dismissed the prankster’s “lack of education” and cleared the stage at the organization’s Zurich headquarters so attendants could sweep up the paper bills.
FIFA will hold an election for Blatter’s successor on February 26, 2016.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time