For weeks now, Orange Is The New Black star Laverne Cox has been loudly championing Caitlyn Jenner on social media and in interviews. (Her praise can be summed up with this quote: “Yasss Gawd! Werk Caitlyn! Get it!”)
And for her part, Jenner has reciprocated Cox’s praise, posting to Twitter that the actress is “fierce and fabulous” and that her support “means the world.”
But it wasn’t until Sunday night that the two women actually met face to face, at a special private advance screening of Jenner’s upcoming E! docuseries about her transition, I Am Cait.
The two were joined by a number of other well-known transgender women for the screening, including actress and performance artist Candis Cayne.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve