For weeks now, Orange Is The New Black star Laverne Cox has been loudly championing Caitlyn Jenner on social media and in interviews. (Her praise can be summed up with this quote: “Yasss Gawd! Werk Caitlyn! Get it!”)
And for her part, Jenner has reciprocated Cox’s praise, posting to Twitter that the actress is “fierce and fabulous” and that her support “means the world.”
But it wasn’t until Sunday night that the two women actually met face to face, at a special private advance screening of Jenner’s upcoming E! docuseries about her transition, I Am Cait.
The two were joined by a number of other well-known transgender women for the screening, including actress and performance artist Candis Cayne.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space