Calvin Harris’ last studio album, 2014’s stagnant Motion, succeeded when he let his guest-stars shine—the Haim team-up “Pray to God” should be textbook EDM-rock fusion—and strayed from the beats for which he’s best known. So it’s a good sign that latest song from the highest-paid DJ in the world, “How Deep Is Your Love,” doesn’t evoke the pummeling build-ups and synthesizer onslaughts of Rihanna’s “We Found Love” or Cheryl Cole’s “Call My Name.” Instead, Taylor Swift’s boyfriend opts for some slow-burning house with the help of London-based producers Disciples and Norwegian songwriter Ina Wroldsen. If his next album sounds this fresh, the love will go pretty deep, actually.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science