Though the new Ghostbusters movie takes place in New York City, it’s being shot in Boston. (Who you gonna call? Apparently not New York Mayor Bill de Blasio.) That means the set designers have had to transform elements of Beantown to make the shift realistic.
Bostonians have been documenting the process on social media with photos of Manhattan design transplants in the middle of their city, from taxi cabs to street signs. Here are a few of the best that have been shared on Twitter and Instagram:
Best of all is a green goo-filled subway station for the N/Q/R line that close observers have pointed out invents a subway stop—there is a 49th street location of the line, but none at 50th street.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears