Though the new Ghostbusters movie takes place in New York City, it’s being shot in Boston. (Who you gonna call? Apparently not New York Mayor Bill de Blasio.) That means the set designers have had to transform elements of Beantown to make the shift realistic.
Bostonians have been documenting the process on social media with photos of Manhattan design transplants in the middle of their city, from taxi cabs to street signs. Here are a few of the best that have been shared on Twitter and Instagram:
Best of all is a green goo-filled subway station for the N/Q/R line that close observers have pointed out invents a subway stop—there is a 49th street location of the line, but none at 50th street.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time