Twenty years after the death of Selena Quintanilla, the Tejano music icon is getting her own makeup collection at M.A.C.
M.A.C. shared the news with People, announcing that the limited-edition collection will be available sometime in the second half of 2016.
Selena’s sister, Suzette, said the singer had always dreamed of having her own makeup line, and that “she would be beyond ecstatic to have this happening.”
The family has also announced plans to create a hologram version of Selena that will record and perform new songs, to be called “Selena the One.” They are hoping for a tour in 2018. “By no means is this something that’s creepy or weird,” Suzette told Billboard at the time of that announcement. “We think it’s something amazing.”
Selena was shot to death in 1995 by the president of her fan club. This year, she would have been 44.
Read next: Selena in Hologram Could Go on Tour in 2018
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer