This just in: Washington, D.C.’s local weatherman can work Taylor Swift lyrics into a forecast like no other.
Ahead of Swift’s D.C. concert on Monday night, Mike Thomas – the morning meteorologist at a local Fox news affiliate – gave viewers his usual weather predictions, but with this. sick. beat.
“This rain keeps on cruising. Can’t stop, won’t stop movin’… the question then becomes: ‘Hey, are we out of the woods yet, are we in the clear yet?’ ” Thomas playfully recites to the camera.
As is the case with plenty of videos featuring colorful on-air hosts, the weatherman’s forecast went viral, and it even caught the attention of Swift herself.
“Never change, Mike the weatherman. Never change,” she Tweeted with a link to the clip.
“If it does rain,” Thomas says at the end of the video, “just shake, shake all that rain off and go back to dancing like you’re 22.”
Ahead of Tuesday night’s concert, Thomas shared his forecast on Twitter – but sadly it’s looking like screaming, crying, perfect storms:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve