The infamous rap duo Insane Clown Posse owes over $300,000 in taxes, according to the Internal Revenue Service.
The Detroit News reports that the IRS is trying to get ahold of founding member Joey “Shaggy 2 Dope” Utsler who, together with group-mate Joe “Violent J” Bruce, owe $379,783 in delinquent federal income taxes. A federal prosecutor told the Detroit news that Utsler is avoiding the IRS.
The timing of the IRS investigation isn’t ideal for Shaggy and Violent J. Utsler’s attorney, Farris Haddad, told The Detroit News that “Shaggy is fully cooperating with the IRS to resolve this matter immediately following next week’s 16th annual Gathering of the Juggalos festival.”
Juggalos are the dedicated, often face-painted followers of Insane Clown Posse, which incorporates horror aesthetics and storylines into its shows. The fans have been called a “gang” by the FBI.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List