The infamous rap duo Insane Clown Posse owes over $300,000 in taxes, according to the Internal Revenue Service.
The Detroit News reports that the IRS is trying to get ahold of founding member Joey “Shaggy 2 Dope” Utsler who, together with group-mate Joe “Violent J” Bruce, owe $379,783 in delinquent federal income taxes. A federal prosecutor told the Detroit news that Utsler is avoiding the IRS.
The timing of the IRS investigation isn’t ideal for Shaggy and Violent J. Utsler’s attorney, Farris Haddad, told The Detroit News that “Shaggy is fully cooperating with the IRS to resolve this matter immediately following next week’s 16th annual Gathering of the Juggalos festival.”
Juggalos are the dedicated, often face-painted followers of Insane Clown Posse, which incorporates horror aesthetics and storylines into its shows. The fans have been called a “gang” by the FBI.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time