The U.S. Department of the Interior’s Facebook page has shared a photo of a gull trying to take on a bald eagle that flew off with another gull. David Canales, a filmmaker living in Anchorage, Alaska, took the photo while kayaking on the Prince William Sound in Alaska during an 11-day expedition from Valdez to Whittier, according to the agency’s post.
Users in the comments section are asking who won “the battle.” The Interior Department says it was the eagle, explaining that it flew away with its prey after “the top gull gave up and the bottom one couldn’t free itself.”
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.