50 Cent made headlines this week when he filed for bankruptcy, and on Wednesday he appeared on Conan, where in between questions about Diddy and Southpaw, he addressed the bankruptcy.
The rapper said he was just protecting himself by filing the paperwork. “You get a bullseye pinned on your back when you’re successful publicly,” 50 cent said. “You become the ideal person for someone.”
The sentiment is similar to what he told E! News earlier this week, when he clarified that he was just “reorganizing his finances.”
His team has a united front. All the comments that have come since Monday echo what his attorney said in statement just after the rapper filed: “This filing for personal bankruptcy protection permits Mr. Jackson to continue his involvement with various business interests and continue his work as an entertainer, while he pursues an orderly reorganization of his financial affairs.”
Here’s Conan’s interview.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving