After only one season, Republican pundit Nicole Wallace will lose her spot as a daily co-host on The View.
According to Variety, Wallace, the former communications chief for George W. Bush, was asked to leave her position because she didn’t argue enough in politics and didn’t know enough about celebrities. Variety says ABC has instead offered Wallace a contract to appear as a contributor to the show.
Neither Wallace nor the network have commented. The next season of The View begins in September.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms