UFC Champion Ronda Rousey had some choice words for Floyd Mayweather when she beat him for a fighting award.
When Rousey won Best Fighter at Wednesday night’s ESPY awards, she said, “I wonder how Floyd [Mayweather] feels being beat by a woman for once,” ESPN reports. Mayweather, the pound-for-pound boxing champion, has has been arrested multiple times on domestic violence charges.
Rousey also bragged, “I’d like to see you pretend to not know who I am now,” after Mayweather claimed in a 2014 interview that he had no idea who she was.
Rousey also beat out Serena Williams for the Best Female Athlete ESPY later in the evening.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time