According to millions of reviews on TripAdvisor, the best amusement park in the U.S. — and also the entire world — is Universal’s Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Fla.
Using an algorithm that measured the quantity and quality of travelers’ reviews over a 12-month period, the popular travel site came up with the following list of the absolute best amusement parks worldwide:
- Universal’s Islands of Adventure – Orlando, Florida
- Discovery Cove – Orlando, Florida
- Magic Kingdom – Orlando, Florida
- Universal Studios Hollywood – Los Angeles, California
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Orlando, Florida
- Universal Studios Florida – Orlando, Florida
- Europa-Park – Rust, Germany
- Disneyland Park – Anaheim, California
- Beto Carrero World – Penha, Brazil
- PortAventura Park – Salou, Spain
As you can see, half of these are located in Orlando, so you may want to start looking at hotels there now. Some other parks that made the U.S.-only list include Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, and Disneyland in Anahaeim, Calif.
TripAdvisor also compiled lists of the world’s best zoos and aquariums, so be sure to check those out too.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow