If Twitter is anything to go by, the verdict on Amazon’s Prime Day deals has been: they kinda suck.
Everything from “Amazon’s Garage Day Sale” to “one huge troll by Amazon” has been bandied around the Twittersphere, as reaction to the deals offered on a day Amazon had hoped would be a tentpole shopping event that exceeds Black Friday has been tepid.
Some have noted that the products on offer, ranging from supplements to tupperware to a huge barrel of lube, aren’t really on most shoppers’ wish list:
Others have voiced their sense of disappointment after days of hype:
And more have taken to calling Prime Day for what it could really be:
While the day is still young, Amazon would seem to have a lot of catching up to do to impress shoppers. At least they can point to the fact that Prime Day discounts are indeed better than Black Friday’s.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time