For a few hours late Tuesday night, visitors to Best Buy’s website could buy a two hundred dollar gift card for fifteen dollars. If it was simply a technical problem — which seems likely — the company quickly fixed it, but not before a number of nocturnal opportunists took advantage of the apparent bargain.
Unsurprisingly, the concerned citizens of Reddit were the ones who brought the glitch to light. People who ordered a gift card said that the sale went through and that their banks were charged, though the company will likely—and understandably—reneg, citing a glitch.
“I am an employee of Best Buy, and we are very good at honoring our mistakes, however, mistakes this public with 1000s of people ordering something super discounted by mistake will most likely get canceled,” one Redditor wrote. “In the mean time, I went ahead and ordered 2, but chances are, we’re all getting a refund.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time