When duty calls, sometimes you’d rather have a dance off. While on his way to serve a warrant, Texas police officer Sgt. Alan Eddins saw two kids dancing the Nae Nae to Silento’s “Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)” in a residential neighborhood.
Rather than smile and keep walking, as most people would do, Eddins figured this was as good an opportunity as any to get a free dance lesson from some kids who, well, can dance pretty well – so he joined in for what became an impromptu dance recital.
“I guess all EPD ain’t bad look at officer Eddins out with the kids doing the nae nae,” wrote Shanitra Robinson, who posted the video on Facebook. The clip has 271,906 views as of post time.
“It’s been fun, quite comical actually. I never thought it would reach the number of views it’s gotten,” Eddins told News 8 Daybreak. “With all the negative press that police have gotten lately, it’s just a good thing to get out and interact with the community.”
Don’t expect to see Eddins on America’s Got Talent anytime soon, but it’s fair to say he walked away with a few new moves.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org