Amazon is celebrating its 20th birthday Wednesday with Prime Day, 24 hours of big discounts on items like televisions, tablets, household goods and more. But why the sudden Cyber Monday in July? Watch TIME Deputy Tech Editor Alex Fitzpatrick explain why the online shopping giant decided to drop prices for a huge one day sale.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Arpita Aneja at email@example.com