“In one of the most wealthy countries in this world, there are still communities and districts that you can predict with 98% accuracy the likelihood of a child going to and through college successfully based on their zip code in kindergarten,” says Kira Orange Jones, Teach for America’s executive director in New Orleans. “And that is a crime.”
On the 10th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina ravaging New Orleans, the education visionary talks about innovation and challenges in the classroom.
Read Walter Isaacson on Kira Orange Jones for the 2015 TIME 100.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time