Jimmy Fallon made his triumphant (albeit semi-embarrassing) return to the Tonight Show on Monday night after a two-week hiatus caused by a freak accident that almost resulted in his finger being amputated.
“I tripped and fell in my kitchen on a braided rug that my wife loves,” Fallon shared on the air, “and I can’t wait to burn it to the ground. I’m getting up and my finger is sideways.”
Fallon’s wedding band caught onto a glass table when he was trying to catch his fall, pulling his finger out of place.
After 10 days in the intensive care unit, Fallon said he was pretty much back to normal and should have feeling in his finger in eight weeks.
“Usually they just cut your finger off,” he said.
Fallon wasn’t the only Tonight Show cast member down in the dumps this month. Paul Higgins, the show’s announcer and Fallon’s trusty sidekick, was hospitalized for a week after being diagnosed with lyme disease.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement