Your assumption is correct, Game of Thrones fans: Bran Stark will be in season 6.
Actor Isaac Hempstead Wright confirmed to the Irish Examiner that he’s returning to the HBO fantasy hit after being benched during season 5.
“I can’t say a lot, but I am back this season, and it’s going to get particularly interesting with Bran,” Wright said. “He has some interesting visions.”
The actor noted he hasn’t watched the fifth season yet because he was so busy with school, and also said that he doesn’t know if co-star Kit Harington (Jon Snow) will return after his apparent death scene. “I don’t know [if he will come back]. He’s said he’s not,” Wright said.
Previously, Thrones showrunner David Benioff compared Bran’s season-long absence while he develops his warg skills with the Three-Eyed Raven to Luke Skywalker training in the Star Wars saga. “Like, it would be far less interesting, after The Empire Strikes Back to have an hour-long movie in between Empire and Return of the Jedi where Luke is training,” Benioff said. “It’s so much cooler to cut from end of Empire to beginning of Return, where he’s become the Jedi.”
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time