1. See how the world’s most popular video game slashed online harassment 40 percent.
By Jack Smith IV in Mic
2. Bananas are doomed. Can we genetically modify their salvation?
By Mark Hay in Good
3. One Baltimore spot is marking Restaurant Week by closing to the public and feeding the homeless instead.
By Vicky Gan in CityLab
4. Unglamorous peacebuilding — not military might — is the only way to beat ISIS.
By David Alpher at George Mason University
5. Find out how activist investors are shorting America’s future to make big profits now.
By William Budinger in Democracy Journal
The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, D.C.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now